Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Appetite is an interesting thing. Under certain circumstances, you simply cannot eat or aren't hungry. For instance, you're really stressed out, your stomach twists into knots and you might munch to relieve stress but you're genuinely not hungry. Or when you're nervous the same thing happens. Or when you're really excited about something, you're brain goes in every which direction and you're not hungry; all you can do is think and thinking about food is not enticing. It's also weird how there's mindless eating, like when you're watching t.v. or reading or doing homework. It's interesting that it's not consistent.

3 comments:

Alex said...

I have a very sensitive stomach, and if i had a dime for every time i have barfed i would be a rich man, so when i am in anxiety inducing situations, I avoid food like the plague because it usually only adds to my discomfort.

Taylor_tots said...

Yea I know what you mean. I usually can eat most of the time, but when I am nervous I cant eat at all. My muscles tense all up and crap, and it is no fun. And when I am sick the last thing I want to do is eat. But definitely mindless eating is a problem of mine as well. Especially when I am bored or tired. There must be some type of explanation for this weirdness.

Gabriel said...

Do you think the way we eat is a reflection of the kind of person we are? I mean like binging, or purging etc... outward representation of an internal struggle?