Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sickness

Being sick is simply the worst thing in the world. I hate that feeling of absolute hunger; the feeling of your stomach noticeably retracting and shrinking into nothingness. It's sudden too. It's not a gradual, you barely notice, event. It's pure, startling starvation. You can't eat. If you eat, it'll only cause you more hurt and possibly prevent you from ever eating that thing you ate again because it came back up and wasn't the same. Not eating is not fun. Food is the best in the world, when you can eat it.

4 comments:

Taylor_tots said...

I know what you mean, and I totally agree. One time I was really sick with the flu, and I ate at Papa Murphy's before I knew I was sick. Ever since, I have not been able to eat Papa Murphy's pepperoni pizza. It really ruined a good thin for me!!

Shannon said...

Its the same with me and pineapple salsa.
But after a sickness i tend to eat alot because i haven't tasted anything for weeks.

Alex said...

It is funny how our perception of food changes depending on are level of fullness of queeziness. The very same foods can at one moment be the most detestable thoughts when one is stuffed, but when one is starved it can be one of the most desirable thoughts.

Keith McKay said...

In my family, flu equals Sprite and soda crackers. I'm assuming it's just because the carbonation settles the stomach and the soda crackers are bland enough to go down and stay down.